Payroll -Impact of Change Testing
SMART has a facility to check how Workday Configuration changes affect your Payroll Calculation.
To create this test:
Select Create a Test > Payroll
- Give your test run a name
- Give your test a tag
- Select Parallel Period testing
- Enter a user login who has access to calculate the payroll
- Select current period
- Enter your Payroll Run Category Id
- Select Existing Pay Group
- Enter your Pay group WID
- Select NEXT
- Select the tenant to run the test in
- Select Now
- Wait until the test run has completed successfully. This is running a calculation of your payroll - this is the BASELINE Run.
- Now make the configuration change(s) in the tenant
- Re-execute the same test - the results will show you if SMART has detected any differences in your payroll calculation to your BASELINE Run.
Ideally you want to do this when no-one is running any other test packs to the tenant or making other config changes in the tenant